Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Plague

The plague that is Tanya has managed to infect her poor, poor PREGNANT sister!!! What a good big sister I am! SORRY SISTEE!!!!!!!!!!!! This cold is a whopper too...definitely the sickest I've been this year.

Yeah, I can't even remember how many times I've been ill since the beginning of January. Definitely more than 6 times now. I cannot wait for the weather to be warmer and school to be out!!! ;o) Hil reminded me that I've been sick more than I've been healthy. Great.

We spent the weekend up in DC celebrating family birthdays. Po-po turned 59 and we got to eat (even though I didn't have much of an appetite...you know I'm sick if I don't have an appetite) at Texas de Brazil...a carnivore lovers paradise...SOOOOOOOOOO YUMMY!!!! I also made a yummy coconut cake for my coconut-loving nutty mom!

We also celebrated the 1st birthday of our nephew Aidan!! He's more of a tank than Jaron was and is so super yummy! He's such a little charmer and just so adorable!! We got him a bomber jacket from the base and Sean attached patches of jets & subs on it that will hopefully remind him of us! Papa & Mama Yuan made some maaaaaaaaaad good food...as usual!! Our cutie niece Lina was also there and is equally as delicious as her first cousin! It's so nice to live closer to home and be able to spend time with family! Sean keeps saying that it's nice to drive 3.5-4 hours rather than the 12 hours from FL...not that he drove it too often. Anyway...good to see our family and celebrate our nephew's milestone! Hopefully, I did not infect anyone there!!

No photos this time...too sick! Wah, wah, wah.

The biggest shout-out this weekend...my hubby. He did EVERYTHING this weekend so all I had to do was take care of myself (which I normally complain he should do, but I was so sick that I wanted no one around to catch my plague). This man did all the packing up (the car, that is), took care of the kids...canine & human, drove, ev-er-y-thing!!!! He was so awesome. PLUS...Kaia was still getting better so she was still having crazy nightmares...esp. our first night in DC...where Sean slept with the kids all weekend and I was in my little cave. Poor guy. Really...he busted his sweet little tookus off this weekend and never complained or showed he was even bothered by it.

My hubby...I'm really lucky.

6 comments:

LY said...

Hope Sean wasn't intimidated by my son's loving glances at you, you cougar.

Tanya said...

OMG...I still can't get those smiles out of my head!!! ARGH!!!!! It's only weird since he looks so much like my brother!!!! ;o) STILL...my nephew is the CUTEST little tank ever!!!!

Liza B. Gonzalez said...

Girrrrl, how do you keep up with three blogs?! I can barely keep up with one. As always, thanks for the compliments. They keep me clicking and pushing the envelope.

Sorry, to hear that everyone is sick. We got something on our way out of the keys. I'm starting to feel it, now, and the girls are on major meds.

Two more things...

1. How was the ball?
2. I know of a cuban market in VA. If I remember correctly, it's behind Hall Auto Mall. I wish I could remember the name. You better believe that I searched it out when we live there...found it in the yellow pages. I can't live without some basic Cuban ingredients in the pantry. Good luck finding it for the cuban bread.

Anonymous said...

Feel better sis!!! <3 (Any chance you'll be in DC in may? I'll be visiting for a month!)

Tanya said...

Liza...Sub Ball is 4/17...I ended up ordering the black dress since I'm boring...but more because I'll be able to use that dress for years to come and figured black would be the most practical. It'll be all about the accesories!! ;o) I can't wait to check out the Cuban market! Thank you!!! I'm so excited...sad...but I really am. HAHAHAHA.

Ellyn...we'll be up there since Kim's due!!! We definitely need to get together! I want to meet my neice!!

Sean Espiritu said...

Wow! This is a pretty cool site you have here, Babes! It's almost like this is the first time I've been on it in like forever! So yes, I agree that Texas de Brazil was AWESOME. I don't think we would have gone though if we knew exactly how much it was per person. Yikes. But it was very good. And that coconut cake you made...mmmm yummy. It's funny how I used to seldom eats desserts way back in the day....hmmm, I wonder what changed that?...And oh yes, thank you very much for the shout out. I just did what you do pretty much on a daily basis, Ms. Superlady. How about you take a rest already? And go read that book I've been telling you about so you won't get sick anymore. Hehehe. Anyway, I love you, Hotness.