Friday, December 11, 2009

Kaia...to the rescue!!!

From The Lee-Espiritu Fam

I think my kids are pretty good kids. They can get ridiculously crazy and hyper...especially when they see family...so that's outta love & well, craziness. They're kinda outspoken...like their dad. ;o) They can have those really annoying sibling tiffs that can drive us crazy. But, most of the time...they're pretty good kids...with pretty good hearts.

Yesterday, I found out that Kaia stood up to her class who was laughing at her classmate who had accidentally peed in her pants. She let them know that it was "just an accident". As outspoken as I am and how much I like to stand up for the wronged...I don't think I would've had the guts to do that when I was her age.

We also found out that her teacher's nearly week-long absence was because she had lost her mother. The loss of a parent is something we're all to familiar with and even though the kids have not yet dealt with a tremendous loss personally...they're pretty empathetic to the loss of a loved one through their grandfather they never had the chance to meet.

Kaia did a little something for her teacher. I hope my children never lose their good hearts...


From The Lee-Espiritu Fam

8 comments:

Melis said...

Aaaw. I heart your kids too. And I kinda hope I can raise my kiddos half as well as you have yours. Good job, Kaia. Good job, Mamma!

Tanya said...

Whatevers, Mama! You're such an awesome mom and a great role model (as a woman and as a person). JAJ are going to grow up to be amazing people!! But...thank you!

rebecca said...

That's so sweet! :) She deserves that Wonder Woman costume!

blunoz said...

That's awesome! Very truly impressive, and you are totally justified to be so proud of your daughter.

Ellyn said...

I almost cried, sis. Kaia is such a beautiful little soul. That can only come from her beautiful mama (and papa). xo

tuckbsmom said...

What a precious gift you have, my heart melted and my eyes were teary. Please give Kaia a BIG HUG and tell her that I am very proud of her. I miss you all very much - XOXO

Tanya said...

Awwww...thank you, everyone!

@Becca...thank you! She's definitely something wonderful!

@Blunoz...thank you!!

@Ellyn...thank you, Sis!! Love you!

@Tuckbsmom...thank you!! Ummm...are you going to make me guess who this is?? ;o)

The Hapa Girl said...

Tanya...you are right! Just like what you said about Katie, the same goes for Kaia. She is a product of good parenting!

Thank you...you really made me happy with that last comment you left for me! Now I'm blushing :)