Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaugural Fun

Well, it's officially begun! Kaia brought home some "love" from her class last week!!! This weekend was spent with two wonderfully sick kids!! Kaia actually just got a stuffy nose while Jaron got a stuffy/drippy nose and crazy coughing! Last night he was burning up with a crazy fever! Ahhhhhhhh...the joys of child socialization...always sharing some kind of love. ;o) Sean and I are drinking tea like a mother trying to avoid getting this bug.

From I'm not sure what I want to be when I grow up...

Kaia's home today to watch the inauguration since they wouldn't be watching it at school....booooooooo. I guess it's good that they have a "no t.v." policy at school...but I wanted my daughter to witness history in the making. It'll definitely be something she'll always remember (shoot, this girl remembers EVERYTHING anyway!)....plus, she's all about Obama! ;o)


From I'm not sure what I want to be when I grow up...


From I'm not sure what I want to be when I grow up...

We kicked off our inauguration festivities by watching the Disney Kids' Inaguration where the entire audience was comprised of military personnel and families. How awesome was that to watch. The celebrities and performers kept calling all the military personnel AND families the "real American heroes"...so it was nice to explain to the kids that they should get kudos too since they have to sacrifice as well. I also loved when Michelle Obama told the kids that they need to give back to the country too. It was great having someone else reiterate the importance of serving your community!

Alrighty...time to go explain all the stuff they're about to see on t.v. Man, I so wish we were up there right now!!!! I can feel the electricity in the air through the screen at least...*sigh*

No comments: