Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Even though we miss FL...

...it's nice to be back in VA Beach. How can you complain when you have an awesome backyard full of wildlife and calming water? Now, I can't say much about the seagull poop all over my roof...argh. When we left for SOAC in 2006, we did not have so many seagulls...now they're plentiful and we're not diggin' 'em. Plus, the kids want to feed the ducks & geese, but not the gulls since they steal everything!!! Did I mention the poop???? UGHHHH!!!


So, do you see the tree across the lake in the center of the photo...well, this is what I was taking photos of:



and a little closer (I'm limited in my zoom with my little point-and-shoot)...

Recognize it, my friends? Yup...a certified national bird...the Bald Eagle! Unless there are some orinthologists that recognize this as some other bird, we'll just call it a Bald Eagle and call it a day. We really do love this little lake and all the wildlife views it affords us. Plus, we see these guys fly in all the time:

Really, I'll take birds and all their poop any day over scorpions (in the house) and snakes (around my house)!! I do miss these lil' buggers though (sorry for the poor image quality):


This lil' guy was hanging out on a sprinkler head while I was grilling on the lanai:

Yes, I do miss FL, but change is nice.

2 comments:

Ellyn said...

Back in the Vee-Ay... Love your view! It must be incredibly calming. I'd prob. go nuts in that serenity. I need honking cabs, dumpster diving homeless people, neighborhood bodegas and coffee shops and noise. Ahhh, miss downtown living. I think Jack misses it too. .. he keeps peeing on concrete and still hates grass. :)

Tanya said...

HAHAHAHA...poor Jack!! I'd love city life...but probably more if I didn't have kids! Believe it or not...I'm so happy to see "traffic" (except the interstates do start to rival DC at times) up here since we were spoiled in FL/GA with no traffic!!! Talk about going nuts!!! Plus driving over an hour to get to things...I don't miss that (although it was a nice drive).